About Me

I am a stay at home mom. Been married almost 8 years. My husband is in the National Guard, we are dealing with his second deployment. Other than that if you read the blog you'll find out more about me.

Monday, February 13, 2012

House Hunting?!?!

Oh boy, I am starting to house hunt. Today I looked at THREE houses (with the help of my Dad and Julie-mom). The very first house I was excited to see because the pictures showed this great wood work, fantastic lead windows, a pocket door even some decent old hard wood floors. What it didn't show were all the cracks in the walls, the broken window, the water damage, it didn't show the SMALLEST kitchen ever that has NO usable counter space. Needless to say the one that has the best back yard was the one that needed the most work.

The second house was a FLIP house, completely re-done inside. The kitchen cabinets are old but they look great, everything even the electric and plumbing have been re-done, it's got a great window seat in the downstairs bedroom (which is small), and a wonderful built in bookcase. And the landing upstairs in wonderful, I can see a comfy chair there for reading. But I just can't picture us living there, and maybe it's going to be one of those ones that I need to see something else and than come back and see it again and maybe I will feel differently.

The third house was a 1950's ish ranch home. I liked the all one floor living... I like the hard wood floors, and that their add on family room was huge with a wood burning. Although I worry that the boys would accidentally run into it. The rooms were a decent size, the lot was large, it was just a smidgen out of town. But at some point I would want to redo the kitchen, and update it a bit, which is the only thing I like about modern houses are the upgraded kitchens.

I love too cook. So part of me is waiting for the kitchen that I am going to LOVE and picture myself if all day. But I just haven't found it. But for now I will keep my eyes open and and in contact with my realtor. And I will find the house of my dreams. Hopefully before Jeff comes home from Afghanistan!

No comments:

Post a Comment